At Woodlea the children have a choice of school dinners or they may prefer to bring a packed lunch. The school operates a kitchen with meals cooked on the premises.
No sweets are allowed in school either in lunch boxes or at break times.
All children may bring in their own fruit or vegetables to eat at morning break. As part of the Fruit in Schools programme children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 are provided with a free piece of fruit daily and all pupils are able to buy a snack for morning break from the school kitchen.
Meals are ordered in class each morning and they must be paid for daily in advance. They can be paid for by cash, cheque or through our secure online system (click here).
Click here to be directed to the HC3S webpage for more information regarding school dinners.
Free School Meal Eligibility
From September 2014 all children in Years R, 1 and 2 will be entitled to 'Universal Free School Meals' regardless of you eligibility. However in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
We encourage all parents to check their eligibility, regardless of what year group their child is in, as the school receives additional funding for all pupils that are entitled to Free School Meals (NOT Universal Free School Meals).
There is a new online service (click here), where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child's name, date of birth and school
Link: http://www3.hants.gov.uk/caters/hc3s or call 02380 827738.